My beautiful family.

My beautiful family.

Friday, January 7, 2011

So proud of my little basketball player!

Tonight was the introduction of players for Cody's basketball team.  He's playing for the Vols, I'm going to need to invest in something orange so my baby can see me supporting him from the sidelines! (Yes, I know this is just a ploy to shop...Don't judge me!

Can I just express a few concerns, you know as his mother...the one who has to clean up the boo boos and wipe the tears.

My hubby and I made the decision at the first practice to place our little shrimp with a younger age bracket of players.  He should/could be in the 6-8 year olds.  I took one look at these kids and gasped.  They were at least 6" taller and a good 15 lbs heaver than my little guy.  I know, I know, I know....don't count out the little guy.  I didn't...I counted broken bones and sprained body parts.  I literally freaked out.  So we moved him to the 4-5 age group.  Yes, he is now the big kid...but, the skill level seemed to match up better.

I'm trying to remain positive...but at this moment, I'm going to say I am a much bigger fan of soccer than this basketball stuff.  Although, he looks so cute in his jersey and basketball shorts!  Wish us luck!  Go Vols!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment